Assassin's Creed: Role Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German Hospitality

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

German Hospitality - Page 2 Empty Re: German Hospitality

Post  Turtle-Feathers Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:34 am

Ganolith wrote:"I better give our mutual friend a call." Stramm said from the local pub. Hugo nodded. As Stramm was finishing his cigarette. He picked up the telephone.

It was Sergeant Durr to pick up the telephone, "Guten Tag. Sergeant Ferdinand Durr speaking."

(A/N: I'm assuming you were calling the Durr family, correct me if I am wrong).
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Rebecca sat on the couch as she brushed her still-wet hair. She had donned a dressed that belonged to Frau, so it seemed to fit around the shoulders yet the hem ran a bit shorter than what Rebecca normally wore. She hadn't yet bothered to put on socks or shoes, but no one here shared her same foot size and she only ever wore them outside anyway. Could have been one of those traditions that her Pop carried over from Japan, but it could have been personal preference. She had long since forgotten the difference.

The Durr family had already been more than courteous in allowing her to stay with them. She just needed to make sure that her briefcase was never found. Thankfully, she had it hidden where no one would find it.

The other guest scared her. She didn't want him to come back. She just needed to find some way to communicate that without being rude. Was there a way? Maybe it was too soon to be asking for any favors here other than food and bathing.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganolith Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:51 pm

"Durr I am on my way over with a special device and a gift for you along with a set of encoded information. I am going to assume the guest is still at your home so do not allow them to leave. I have something you really must see. Stramm paused. These documents are for your Eyes only understood. Now I want you to act like this is a normal call do not mention my name. I'll return within the hour I have men watching the house in case your safety becomes an issue." And with that Stramm hung up and proceeded to return back to Durrs house.
Ganolith
Ganolith
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:47 am

Ganolith wrote:"Durr I am on my way over with a special device and a gift for you along with a set of encoded information. I am going to assume the guest is still at your home so do not allow them to leave. I have something you really must see. Stramm paused. "These documents are for your Eyes only understood. Now I want you to act like this is a normal call do not mention my name. I'll return within the hour I have men watching the house in case your safety becomes an issue." And with that Stramm hung up and proceeded to return back to Durrs house.

"Ja... Ja... of course, we look forward to it," the Sergeant replied nonchalantly. Quietly, the Sergeant pondered what the gift his commander could be referring to was, but he couldn't fuss over that quite yet, there was still work to be done.

Evilgoodguy wrote:Rebecca sat on the couch as she brushed her still-wet hair. She had donned a dressed that belonged to Frau, so it seemed to fit around the shoulders yet the hem ran a bit shorter than what Rebecca normally wore. She hadn't yet bothered to put on socks or shoes, but no one here shared her same foot size and she only ever wore them outside anyway. Could have been one of those traditions that her Pop carried over from Japan, but it could have been personal preference. She had long since forgotten the difference.

There was about half an hour or so left before guests would start arriving. Under normal circumstances, Frau Durr would have offered to help Rebecca weave her hair into a braid. But as it was, she was struggling to ready her house and table to presentable levels before the previously unplanned guests arrived. Even with the promise of officer rations to feed everyone, there remained a lot to do-a house to clean, a table to set, coffee to brew- not to mention a child to keep an eye on.

Meanwhile, it was left to Herr Durr to present Rebecca with last minute updates and instructions, including the fact that they were being joined for dinner, an overview of dining etiquette unique to Germany, and most importantly- that matter of her name. He found her on the couch, engaging in the age old battle of bringing order to one's hair. "May I join you," he inquired, before getting to business, starting with the most fundamental of his topics, "You may wish to take on a different name for now. In Germany, Jewish names are forbidden, and Rebecca does sound Hebrew in origin. Do you have any ideas on what you would like to be called?" Durr did have a few ideas to suggest if she found herself stumped, but was content to let the woman sift through her own ideas first.
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Rebecca thought for a moment. What was a name that she had always wanted? Camilla? Lovely, but something didn't feel right about it. Hannah? That was her grandmother's name, but it also came from the Bible, and had Durr just suggested to avoid those kinds of names. Not like it mattered. She probably wouldn't think to answer to it anyway. THAT was what she needed; a name to which she could answer. Her Pop had named her -admittedly middle name- after his own grandmother, Violet.

"How about Violet? And should I change Ohashi too?"
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 pm

Evilgoodguy wrote:Rebecca thought for a moment. What was a name that she had always wanted? Camilla? Lovely, but something didn't feel right about it. Hannah? That was her grandmother's name, but it also came from the Bible, and had Durr just suggested to avoid those kinds of names. Not like it mattered. She probably wouldn't think to answer to it anyway. THAT was what she needed; a name to which she could answer. Her Pop had named her -admittedly middle name- after his own grandmother, Violet.

"How about Violet? And should I change Ohashi too?"

Violet was an English sounding name, while Ohashi would be Asian in origin. Both sounded foreign, especially Ohashi, but neither would draw the amount of negative attention that a Hebrew name would. "Violet Ohashi, that should be fine," he agreed, taking the time to familiarize himself with the new name.

On to the next item in his itinerary, Ferdinand continued, "We have some guests coming over for dinner tonight- supervisors from my work. This was a last minute arrangement, so I was unfortunately unable to inform you earlier. I understand you may be tired from your travels, but I would appreciate it if you could join us."
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganolith Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:27 am

Stramm knocked in the door he was holding a strange object in his hands.
Ganolith
Ganolith
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:30 am

Ganolith wrote:Stramm knocked in the door he was holding a strange object in his hands.

Ferdinand was slightly delayed getting to the door, ducking in the kitchen to inform his wife and child of the name change. Although he regretted that Rebecca Violet did not get more of a change to adjust from her travels and to the rhythms of Germany, Ferdinand had long since learned to deal with reality as it is head-on.

Greeting his officer at the door, Ferdinand then invited him inside, quietly eying the strange object in his superior's hands. Was this the device that Stramm had mentioned over the phone?
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:54 am

Rebecca sat at the table, making mental notes of her name on the chance that she'd introduce herself incorrectly as Rebecca. A knock came from the door. Durr allowed the man in. Rebecca's heart stopped. He was the Templar (?) from before. She needed to be wary. As long as he was not aware of her identity or her briefcase, she should be safe.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganolith Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 am

Stramm looked at Durr with careful eyes. If he was to give his full trust to this man. Maybe later he tought after he proved himself Stramm walle over to the window as if he was looking outside at the countryside. He then removed his hat. That was the signal. His teams of crack bodyguards began to get into position just incase something were to happen. He turned and looked at Durr and said. "This is truly a wonderful home you have. There are something's concerning work we need to discuss later but as you can see I have brought my family and let's just say a few trusted bodyguards. One cannot be to carful these days. Wouldn't you agree. Now I believe formal introductions are in order. Assemble your household and guests so that I may greet them." Stramm gave Durr a knowing nod. And walked back to the window. Never once did his hand leave the small package that he looked at intently and then put in his pocket.
Ganolith
Ganolith
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Having a team of an officer's bodyguards made Durr more that a little nervous, but his actions and facial expressions did nothing to reveal this.

Instead, he assembled his family together calmly and methodically in the main living area, as if this was an everyday occurrence and not an unexpected ceremony. He found his wife and child visibly calmed by this demeanor. Violet, on the other hand, he simply did not know well enough to determine what was going through her mind, not that he was able to take the to accurately gauge her reactions to everything either.

"As you may well know, this is my wife, Frau Schatzi Durr. She stays home and takes care of Camilla, our only child as of now." The truth of the matter was the couple had attempted to delay further pregnancy until after the war's end, but even so, Frau Durr had miscarried one child after Camilla, and had recently suspected another pregnancy.

"And of course, this is our most recent arrival from one of my in law's families, Violet Ohashi. She is taking refuge from the oppression in America."

Switching to English, Durr explained, "Violet, tis is one of te officers, Herr Stramm."

(A/N: I just learned to type with a German accent. W becomes v or f, th becomes t or sometimes z at the end of words. The Durrs will from now on speak with a German accent when speaking in English.)
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganolith Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:29 am

Stramm was rather pleased that the whole household was present. He turned to greet each of them. "This is truly a wonderful and joyous house now I I shall introduce myself and my family as well as my entourage." He walked over and opened the front door to allow his family to enter his wife was rather plain but carried a presence and spoke with diction and clarity. She was about five foot eight. And had brown hair not your typical blond that the Nazi party was so fanatical about and she was of a average frame. Stramm introduced her " This is my lovely wife Olga and over here we have my son Willhelm." The boy was no older than nine. And had a very intuitive mind liked to ask questions and was always respectful. " these armed men with me for for our protection we are at war you know. I almost forgot to introduce my loyal bodyguard Hugo. He is a brilliant man very good as you can see as I am still alive but I kid. And Durr later after today I wish to have a talk with you at my private offices if it is not an inconvinance to tho lovey family you have." Stramm was beaming with pride as he very much loved his family and was very proud of his son.
Ganolith
Ganolith
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 am

Rebecca turtled into herself. This was not what was expected, but perhaps the presence of Stramm's family would keep her and her heirloom safe. On the other hand, she glanced over to the table, there weren't nearly enough seats for these people. If Durr's family were the sole provider here, everyone would be hungry. Except perhaps Stramm. Maybe she could put her father's Tempura recipe to use. That wouldn't take much time or material to make. Ugh, but she'd probably need to leave for the grocery store and leave her heirloom. Not that she had any money in the first place...

What to do...
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganolith Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:48 pm

" Hugo fetch a guard and bring the rations in we need a proper meal I did promise them the resources to have a proper meal now didn't I." Hugo grabbed the nearest guard. "Come we are to get the food."

They returned with black beans and pork as well as sausages and other cuts of meat. Perch and vegetables. Stramm beamed with pride. "I am happy to feed new friends and remember if you need anything ever don't hesitate to ask. I have friend that grew the vegetables and my men hunted the meat by the way don't worry about having to feed them they have brought their own food and cook stoves." Stramm paused. " Oh and who is this guest we have here. What is your name miss as I can tell you are from the orient. Am I wrong? Stramm was slightly intrigued usually he was never caught off guard but an Asian in Germany there is a first time for everything. " Tell me how was your trip from America?" Stramm paused.
Ganolith
Ganolith
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:59 am

"It was rocky. Not what I'd call a fun trip," Rebecca's eyes dropped to the floor.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganolith Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:58 am

"Now on to matters that are of some importance. Willhelm go play with the children and Olga dear would you see if you can help sgt. Durr's wife in the kitchen." Stramm was happy to share the company of these fine upstanding people but something was off with this Violet he thought. "My dear what is the matter do you think all Germans monsters surely you have seen that their are bad people on both sides so why is it that you hang your head? Do I and my men frighten you if that is the case I am sorry but their job is to protect me and my friends. I know that when you look at me you see a Nazi some people would brand us as scum. But I did not join to be a mindless fool I love my country and I will defend the fatherland with all my heart as for this racial purity nonsense I do not share that goal. Wouldn't you agree Durr?" Stramm did not like the fact that she wasn't making eye contact that must mean she has something to hide. But he waited and bided his time his family was here and he didn't want to put them in any danger.
Ganolith
Ganolith
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:13 am

"No, it's not about that. In fact, Germany has been very welcoming to me. It's home. I won't be able to return. I had to drop everything to avoid being put away for being Japanese."
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:48 pm

"Germany is certainly a much more complex of a place tan propaganda has portrayed us," Durr agreed. In fact, an example of those very complications were standing in the room right now- members of a greater international organization that only used the Nazi party and a means to an end, hopefully to find a way to leave the world less of a mess than it is right now. Or at least so Durr was led to believe, he was quick to remind himself of how much he still didn't know, but thus far had only been able to hope was true. None the less, Stramm's recent warm gestures did not go unnoticed. Perhaps it was because of his own bias, but Durr naturally found himself trusting of another man with his family.

"Ve have had our share of hard times, very bad times followed Vorld Var One, but ve have been determine to survive tis, and to restore our nation."

To Stramm he addressed, "Please do be patient with our newest guest, she just arrived today and I believe is still unfamiliar with some of our customs; we have had very little personal contact with one another until recently." He hadn't even realized he had slipped back into German until after he had finished the sentence. German was natural and easy. Although possessing some familiarity with English, it was still surprisingly mentally taxing.
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganolith Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Stramm was proud that Durr could understand what the Templar order truely aimed for was peace. Through order. " I am proud of my subordinates I want Them to be happy I want a world where racial purity doesn't matter but like I said I love this country and I can assure you all the men in here are all kind and good men with families and dreams of a better Tommorow than the hell we are living in today. All this anti Jew nonsense makes me sick. But we all have a role to play. And soon things will be very different in the fatherland." Stramm paused and turned to speak to Violet. "I am sorry if I was a little caught up in the moment I can't help but want to have better for this wonderful place that has been so deeply scared. I did not mean to be impatient with you my dear. You have to over look me I am used to more direct answers." He said sympathetically. " I hope that one day there will be peace for us all." He returned to speaking with Durr. "I hope that I didn't offend when I presented you with this meal. The German army must think thirty people live at my house haha. But seriously we have had it much harder I lost many brothers and sisters to the Great War and I vow to not let that happen again. I look after my men like family. And I treat all as equal. But the atrocities of the last war were great on the heads of the German people so yes I know what you are going though. We all do." Stramm closed his eyes for a moment. And took a breath.
Ganolith
Ganolith
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:18 pm

"Thank you," Rebecca Violet smiled into Stramm's eyes. She could see that he was not a bad man, just... Imposing? No. He was very forward though. She was also thankful that he had also brought food, "I'm sorry, but the trip has been rough and it's nice to finally relax with some family for a change."
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganolith Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Stramm was pleased with this. He needed to show Durr that there was more to being a Templar Han hunting assassins. Once along long time ago he tought that maybe the end didn't have to justify the means but that was a different topic altogether. "Would anyone care for some coffee?" Olga chirped. She was always a positive person maybe that is why Stramm loved her so much a ray of light in his black world. A candle burning against a sea of darkness. "Yes my dear I would love a cup." Stramm became distant for a second. And closed his eyes again the headaches were getting worse. His nose started to bleed.
Ganolith
Ganolith
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:17 pm

"Is something wrong, Mr Stramm?"
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganolith Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:55 am

Stramm wiped the blood from his face and looked at his hand. Was he ill or was this the product of to much precursor artifacts over the years. " I am fine my child. Durrcome with me would you. And would you be kind enought to escort me to the bathroom Hugo please stay here and watch the house I will return once I have this infernal bleeding to stop." Stramm rose from his chair when all of a sudden a wave washed over him. "All is not as it seems." The voice said in a sad monotone. "Hugo did you say something. What is not as it seems?" Stramm said. The pain in his head move to his eyes. "Stramm asked as kindly as he could. "Please bathroom now!"
Ganolith
Ganolith
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:50 pm

After the rough beginnings of introductions, the dinner itself came and went pleasantly enough, the officer's rations helping to ensure this. Herr Durr was fairly neutral towards these things, while his wife seemed to thrive in social occasions. Camilla seemed to swing between chattering at their new guests and quietly eying some of the more unfamiliar food.

It wasn't long before they were able to excuse themselves, and Herr Durr found himself in his study with Doktor Stramm once more.
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 am

Rebecca Violet was relieved to see Stramm leave the room, but his bodyguards stayed with him. Somewhere in the back of her head, their Templar pins make her shake inside, but she was unsure if it was anger or fear. Regardless, he was gone and she could eat normally- or at least as normally as one could eat surrounded by strangers in a foreign land. Trust was going to be an issue.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum