Assassin's Creed: Role Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the Ashes

4 posters

Go down

From the Ashes Empty From the Ashes

Post  Evilgoodguy Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Finally. Davenport. Horatio Brown had done a good deed saving some of the civilians of York from the American attack. Charlton expressed interest in joining the Order, but Horatio warned him not to join with the interest of vengeance. Charlton didn't care. Perry would pay.

They approached a magnificent-looking manor. It looked much like the house in where Charlton was raised in York. The Americans took him out of his comfortable life, and here they were going to put him back in one. Irony is funny like that.

"Thomas is an old colleague of mine," Horatio informed, "We trained together, so I know he'll make a man of you."

He knocked on the door of the manor.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

From the Ashes Empty Re: From the Ashes

Post  chinqs Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Thomas heard a knock on the door. He got up from his books in the basement and hurried up the stairs, opening the door.

There stood an old friend, and a child no older than 15 standing beside him, clutching a sheathed dagger.

"Horatio?" Thomas burst into a large wide smile and hugged his old friend, "It's been... what? Five years?"

The man smiled, and said "Yes, five since we finished training, and it'll be many more before you find yourself a girl. I see no women around this house!" he added laughing.

"I've been busy. But anyways, who might this be?" he asked.

"Charlton Arkwright. He's come to train with you, although I don't know why..." Brown added.

"Ah, nice to meet you Charlton," Thomas said, holding out his hand.
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Charlton brushed down his face. Surely these two weren't joking between themselves.
"York was attacked. That was our home, Mr Brown. We need to take it back!"

Brown pulled down the brim of his hat with a sigh, "That's what I wanted to talk to you about. He's from York, so I hope you can understand. A little hot-headed, but I think that drive of his is something the Assassins need more of nowadays. By the way, I managed to save three of our own. Would you mind taking us in?"
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Droolingfanfemme Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Andrew had seen some unfamiliar faces coming up the road, but kept his watch from the stables as he unhitched the horses. A small group, looking a bit weary from the road? No, they had seen some things. He knew that stance.

He wiped at his brow his forearm and slowly approached the group, trying to position himself close enough without provoking an unneeded attack.

"Master Dubois," he called up the stoop. "Everythin' alright, Sir?"
Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:10 am

"Everyhing alright sir?" Pleasance asked Thomas.

"Fine, Andrew, thank you. If you don't mind, could you show Mr. Brown around Davenport? Its been a while since he came last." he said, then leaned into him and whispered into his ear, "Ask him about the York attack, but be subtle."

"As for you young man, lets go inside and talk, shall we?" Thomas said with a smile.
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Droolingfanfemme Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:16 pm

chinqs wrote:"Fine, Andrew, thank you. If you don't mind, could you show Mr. Brown around Davenport? Its been a while since he came last." he said, then leaned into him and whispered into his ear, "Ask him about the York attack, but be subtle."

Andrew inclined his head and smiled brightly. "A guided walkabout. My speciality." He was under the impression this was all Dubois kept him around for, but apparently he was good at it. A gangly youth, but full of energy and attention. He looked to the younger arrival, who seemed a bit out of sorts. Dubois would need to attend to him personally.

"If you don't mind, Mr Brown, I do need to run an errand down to mill, but I will be glad to refresh your fond memories of Davenport along the way."
Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:13 am

"I'm sorry that I forgot to shake your hand. This is a very lovely home you have," Charlton said, crestfallen by his lack of manners.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:52 pm

"Don't worry about it. And thank you, my teacher, Ratohnhaké:ton helped fix this house from falling apart, all the way back before America was even a country." Dubois said.

"How are you feeling? Where are your parents?" he added.
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 pm

"My dad died in Eerie. My mom died in York."
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:59 pm

"I'm sorry. I never knew my mother, and have yet to meet my father. Is this why you seek to join us?" Thomas warned, "The life of an Assassin is not an easy one."
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:01 pm

"Yeah," Charlton lied. He wanted revenge on the men who killed his family. The Assassins' skills would be necessary.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:06 pm

"Well then lets start from the beginning, how much do you really know of us?" Thomas asked.

He noticed Charlton looking away when he replied last, years of training allowed Thomas to identify feelings. Something wasn't right.
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:34 pm

"I know that Mr Brown saved me from the Americans and helped me escape. When we were attacked by bandits, he and the others would save the rest of the refugees. He says that New York State sympathizes with us Canadians. I want to be like him and fight for freedom."
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:43 am

"Freedom." Thomas said, "That is the basis of the Assassin order, we believe that even though our human race is flawed, that we have the right to excersise our own free will."

"The Templars seek to control us, but I do not believe in this war, there is Templars on only one side..."
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:32 am

"The Americans. Obviously. Brown said it wouldn't be that simple, but it is. It must be."
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:19 pm

"I can't be exactly sure about that... You have a certain bias, being Canadian and all. The Chesepeake incident back a few years ago, was British fault, but it does not fit thier profile. At least the Crown's profile."
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:45 am

"What do you mean?"
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:16 am

"I believe that somehow, for some reason, the Templars have infiltrated both governments, British and American, to start a war... I don't know why."
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:42 pm

"Oliver Perry, Jesse Elliot, Isaac Chauncey, and Henry Dearborn. Ever heard of them?"
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganolith Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:49 am

A Man about twenty years of age runs toward davenport. "Sir sir I bear a message, I bear a message." He screamed. "Mister black wants to meet with you in Boston." He starts to wobble and He collapses on the foot of the steps.
Ganolith
Ganolith
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:44 am

"Oliver Perry, Jesse Elliot, Isaac Chauncey, and Henry Dearborn. Ever heard of them?" Charlton asked.

Thomas was about to answer when a man came running and yelling through Davenport. "Sir sir I bear a message, I bear a message! Mr. Black wants to meet you in Boston!" The man collapsed.

"Medic!" Thomas yelled, gesturing to the town's doctor. He walked back inside the mansion, putting a hand on Charlton's shoulder.

"Charlton, I must go into Boston, and old friend is calling for me. Would you like to join?"
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:51 am

Charlton nodded silently.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:45 am

Thomas had all he needed with him, so immediately walked outside to the carraige and horse that he frequently used to go into the city.

He gestured for Charlton to get on, and then proceeded to get on himself. He whipped the reins and horse went trotting down the gravel road onto Boston...
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:15 am

The whole trip gave Charlton time to think. Oliver Perry, Jesse Elliot, Isaac Chauncey, and Henry Dearborn. They would pay for everything they did.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum