Letter Home

Go down

Letter Home

Post  FlameDarkfire on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:21 pm

He turned on the light and sat down at his desk, laptop ready to go. He cranked the heavy metal up, it always helped him write. He pondered for a few minutes before he began:

Dear Mr. Miles,
I hope this email reaches you in good health. I've just gotten back to Boston from my round-the-world trip, though it was not without incident. The TSA agents at JFK questioned me extensively on why I'd go to such different places as Syria, Israel, Italy, and Japan. I swear they've gotten more self-righteous since the beginning of the War on Terror.

Anyway, I'm writing because my travels have uncovered precious few facts. Just one of those Animus things Abstergo uses would probably show better results than a company of people travelling around the world. Still, it has not been without some success, as I've learn a potent fighting style from some Israeli friends and picked up a few bottles of vintage Venetian wine.

I also feel I should bring to your attention some intel that'd I've recently received from a friend in the CIA. With the election here looming obviously the campaigning is well underway, but there's an interesting player gaining prominence; an Illinois senator by the name of Barack Obama. My friend tells me he's been gaining popularity not only in the Democrat party, but at an alarming rate across the country. He has no record to speak of except being a community organizer and staunch opponent of the war, so his meteoric rise to fame might be a cause for concern.

I'll be blunt, Bill. The way people are flocking to him is symptomatic of a Piece of Eden. All politicians typically promise the moon during elections, but more people are believing him than anyone else, even other Democrats. I know he couldn't have gotten a Piece by himself, which would mean that the Templars may have selected him as their puppet. They wouldn't make such a bold move if they didn't think they had something to gain, so I fear this may be an opening play to regain control of the United States.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted,
Black Jack

Once he had finished the letter he checked his encryption and sent the email to William Miles over the order's private email network. With that there was nothing to do but wait, so he grabbed his hoodie to go out and get something to eat.
FlameDarkfire
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Letter Home

Post  chinqs on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Ray sat in the coffee shop sitting quietly, sipping and watching the news.

"If anyone knows the whereabouts of the missing girl, contact police at ...." the reporter said.

Ray sighed, the world sucked, and that was a fact. The people were horrible, governments corrupt, war erupting left and right, the environment being outright destroyed, it didn't look good. Not to mention the ongoing battle-that never seemed to end- between the Templars and the Assassins.

"Humph, Assassins." Ray thought, shaking his head, "Those fools have got thier priorities fucked up." He'd been listed by the Order as "MIA" for the last few years. He needed out, but there seemed to be no end in sight, so he just ran. Perhaps hiding in such a large city as Boston wasn't good an idea, but hey what did they used to say? "Hide in plain sight."

Ray's hand brushed over the tattoo on his left arm, the ensigna of the Order. Still, Ray still missed all the action that the 'job' gave.

"What bothering you Hank?" the waitress asked. He was known around these parts as Hank. Just plain old Hank. "Something on your mind?"

"Meh, nothing much. Just hope they find that girl soon, her family must be in ruins," Ray replied.

"Yeah, poor girl, hope they find her. There's a lot of dangerous people out there you know Hank," she said filling his coffee. Ray reached into his pocket about to give money and leave, but she said, "It's on the house. See you tommorow Hank."

"See yah." Ray got up out of the chair and walked to the door, brushing by a hooded man. "Sorry bud." But his arm was already exposed. And on it, there was the very same tattoo.
chinqs
Master Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FlameDarkfire on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:22 am

The wind always seemed to be blowing around in between buildings in cities. Jack hunched down, trying to get every bit of warmth from his hoodie as he could. The warmth of the coffee shop was a welcome relief from the wintery cold, so much that he didn't mind when another man brushed by him.

"My bad," he muttered back in apology. Though something caught his eye...

The emblem. The mark of a brother, and the Order. Was that man another Assassin? His sleeve had gotten pushed up, revealing his own tattoo of the Emblem, though he was quick to pull it back down. He planned to follow that guy, but he needed his coffee.
FlameDarkfire
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:00 am

Another one of the Order?

Ray's first thoughts were that he was being followed, but quickly dismissed them, knowing that he was presumed dead. But still... He walked out of the resturant and took a deep breath. He hadn't done this in a while.

He looked around to make sure nobody was looking, although it was rather late so nobody was around. He ran to the back of the building and looked at the brick wall. There was a few misplaced bricks, leaving the perfect opportunity to climb. He ran up the wall and grabbed the brick, slowly making his way up the building's roof.
chinqs
Master Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FlameDarkfire on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:27 am

Jack thanked the barista for his coffee to go as he paid, then quickly walked out. By then the other guy had disappeared, but there were only a few places to go. He could probably try and find the guy by finding a vantage point. Fortunately this was Boston, some landmarks offered amazing views on top of them. And he was close to the Old North Church.

It wasn't a particularly difficult climb, what with the cracks in the masonry and missing bricks, but the bell tower of the church was tall so by the time he had gotten up there he was wore out. He had tied his drink to his belt, and he took a sip of it as he looked out over the cityscape, looking for the man he had bumped into.
FlameDarkfire
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:06 pm

It didn't take long for the man to walk out of the resturant. It seemed he was in a hurry, and Ray watched him from afar.

The man crossed the street, over to the Old North Bridge. "Today's Tuesday... There's no church service...?" he thought.

But then he saw the man climb...
chinqs
Master Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FlameDarkfire on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:16 pm

It was a beautiful view really, up in the bell tower. He sat down on an edge, resting against one of the smaller steeples of the belltower and sipped his coffee while he scanned the area.

He first searched around the coffee shop, since he didn't think the guy had gotten far. And lo and behold, there he was, skulking near the far side of the building. He smiled as he took another drink, not moving just yet, wondering what the guy was gonna do.
FlameDarkfire
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Ray knew that if he had spotted the other man, the other man had spotted him as well. No untrained Assassin lacked tracking skills.

He jumped down, off the roof and leaned against the wall, contemplating on what he should do next.

A direct confrontation would be too risky. Unless... Could the Order already have given up on him? Ray shook his head. The couldn't have. He was a den leader, the man that a whole village looked up to, a man who served the Order for decades.

Ray decided there would be only one choice. He put up his hood and disappeared into the shadows, out of sight...
chinqs
Master Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down