Assassin's Creed: Role Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fight for Love and Glory, a Case of Do or Die

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Fight for Love and Glory, a Case of Do or Die - Page 2 Empty Re: A Fight for Love and Glory, a Case of Do or Die

Post  Droolingfanfemme Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:24 am

"That is all one really needs to know about Stauffenberg. He was terribly disfigured after serving under the Desert Fox in the Afrika Corps. We thought his initial over zealousness might turn him to your Order, but he softened and we were able to persuade to undertake a more, legitimate coup. We are paper pushers, after all. Germans make for perfect Templars." It was really an honor to have helped him write up the Operation outline, but she wasn't going to volunteer that bit.

Frieda looked out into the street. She thought she saw another group. She grabbed the Assassin by the arm and pulled him in the other direction.

"We must get to the Bridge les Infante. Molyneux will be waiting there. Perhaps he will help you, as well."
Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

A Fight for Love and Glory, a Case of Do or Die - Page 2 Empty Re: A Fight for Love and Glory, a Case of Do or Die

Post  Evilgoodguy Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Oh how wrong she was, but Justinien couldn't shake the fact that she knew an awful lot about Stauffenberg and Valkyrie. The details were anything but irrelevant, but he could argue about them later. He had drew his gun again, just in case she was going to lead him into a trap. Though why she would try to kill him after he saved her life was a mystery. For all he knew, she could be some kind of traitor. Nothing about this woman made sense so far, and he wanted needed to know more.

"Lead the way, mademeoiselle."
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Droolingfanfemme Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:02 pm

The bridge was a few blocks away, and the streets were still, but who knew what lurked in the shadows. A few people on the streets were drawn to the commotion at the the Gardien. Frieda realized with great dismay that in her haste she had not looked for her pistol. She prayed inwardly this oversight would not cost her her life. The Assassin beside her had his at the ready. Wunderbar.

She reached into her coat pocket and pulled her handkerchief. She could feel her nose was in danger of bleeding again, if it had stopped at all.

Frieda kept her head up, kept walking, but she felt embarrassed. She owed this man, a sworn rival, her life. Was she honor-bound to help him escape? Or contractually obligated to disarm him and execute him on the spot? She couldn't decide. Perhaps reaching Molyneux would help.

"Would it be silly to say the stars look nice tonight?" she laughed awkwardly. Without even looking at him, she could feel him laughing at her. "Would it be silly to ask your name? I do think I should know. To thank you properly."
Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  The Templars Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:09 pm

Pierre watched them from above through his binoculars. He wanted to be sure it was what he thought he was seeing. Rochard had his gun ready, but it was not aimed at Geiger. If anything, she seemed to be leading the way and he was covering her back. That traitor! She's been in league with the Assassins all along! Suddenly it all made sense to Pierre. He and his men would need to move quickly before those two could achieve their plans.
The Templars
The Templars
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:36 am

"I guess it would be a little silly... the sky, that is," Justinien answered.
Truth be told, he had always admired the sky. Clouds in the day, the stars at night; they always held a special significance to him. ROchard never found much joy in being stuck to the ground. That was why he was such an accomplished freerunner and pilot.
"You may know me as l'Aigle de Rouen or more likely der Adler von Rouen."
It was a title he had earned during the first World War, when he had managed to (unfortunately) nonfatally shoot down the Red Baron. If she didn't recognize this alias, then she was definitely less informed than she was letting on.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Droolingfanfemme Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:54 pm

She almost stopped breathing. Her face was red hot. Frieda rounded on him in an instant. "That was you?" Tears were beginning to well up in her eyes. "Of course, why wouldn't it be? You didn't kill him? Lucky for you. Baron von Richthofen was a friend of my father's. I was a young girl, but I remember when I heard Papa crying over Onkel Mani."

She slapped him, hard. He didn't seem to even register the hit. "Tell me why I should even help you now? I should just turn you over to the SS now. I guarantee you'd have an easier time with them than if I hand you over to the Templars." she hissed.

The Bridge wasn't far, but she wasn't sure this tenuous truce would last that long.
Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:46 am

"Oh. That? That story is nothing but a big exaggeration," Justinien felt his still-stinging cheek, "That was early in the war, before he became l'Baron Rouge. I like to think that it was the reason he became such a deadly pilot, but that's just my own ego wanting to speak. I wouldn't even become l'Aigle de Rouen until someone noticed that Richthofen had become the Red Baron. . . Wait. Was he a Templar? I didn't join the Assassins until after the war, and they approached me because of that story."

He flipped out and lit a cigarette with his right hand.

"Look, I still have a lot of respect for your Onkel Mani, but we were in a war. Our job was not to ask who the enemy pilots could become; only stop them from becoming. I did my job as well as I could and he did his job better. I was lucky and he knew that," he sighed, "He sent me a postcard near the end of the war. I keep it on me, but you can see it."

He withdrew a yellowed postcard with some faded bloodstains from his jacket. The postage side did indeed bear most of the name of Manfred Von Richtofen while the back was mostly blank save for the word 'GlĆ¼cklich.'

"Satisfied?"
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Droolingfanfemme Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:38 pm

She looked at the postcard. It was true. She had read her father's correspondence with the young pilot and knew the writing. Frieda missed her father for an instant.

"Of course he was one of ours. He didn't exactly emblazon his kite with your little...with is that thing, anyway? And I understand there was a war. You do what you have to do. It's just I hadn't thought to hear the other side of it."

She slowly continued walking, not willing to apologize for the outburst. "And I wasn't close to him. He was a friend of my father's. I think the last time I saw him was a Lenten season feste." Had it been? She couldn't properly remember, but there was a party, she remembered that. Frieda suddenly realized how much older the Assassin was than herself. The thoughts that occurred to her at the strangest times.

"I...apologize...I was...angry."

Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:19 pm

"C'est la vie. I just want to you understand that I don't bear any ill will toward the people of Ger- Merde. . ."
Justinien gently tugged Frieda by the arm into an alley.
"I recognize those men. French Templars. They've been tracking me for months. We need to take another route, but not through this street. Follow me."
Justinien opened the door into an abandoned restaurant kitchen.
"So tell me. Why are they after you? It sounds like they need you documents, but that's not reason to bring down one of their own. Especially not a valuable intelligence agent working in enemy territory."
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Droolingfanfemme Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Frieda looked behind her, trying to see what Templars had him spooked. Was it Pierre?

She sighed as he took up the lead through the kitchen. "I may as well tell you. Tell me, you know of a man named Stramm, I assume? He holds a power artifact we have been attempting to weaponize. His...experimentation with der Apfel has been quite illuminating. I helped scribe his notes and observations, in very rare cases, I helped him." Her hand went absently for the handkerchief in her pocket.

"After Valkyrie failed, I left and brought the coded research with me. Merely to protect it, in case the project was shut down, or destroyed. However, more lines got crossed, and higher ranks, not even Templars, began investigating. I became a fugitive for protecting it. They think I'm a traitor. Not that being found here with you will help my chances."
Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Justinien opened to door into the restaurant lobby, "That's one Hell of a misunderstanding. It's ironic. Your allies come to kill you over faulty information. Your enemy saves you. I think you may be able to restore their faith if no one knows that I'm involved."

Wait. What? Why would he try to help a Templar?
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Templars Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Pierre's gun clicked as Justinien and Frieda opened the door from the kitchen.

"Bonjour, monsieur Rochard et madame Geiger. So sorry to see that you've taken the wrong cause. You both could have been more valuable on our side. Favreaux, inspect them. I don't want any surprises, so drop the gun Rochard. I don't want to kill a man who fights for France. Madame Geiger, you are looking lovely as always, but I saw the captain's orders. I would hate to have to kill you both, so if you could just give me the documents, I would like to conclude our business, and no one will ever know about this."

He wasn't technically lying. Pierre admired Rochard's work in the Resistance and had fought alongside him in the first World War, but he could not come to terms with his view of France's future. It was a shame that his work would have to come to an end so soon. As for Geiger, he always had a soft spot for her, but never wanted to mention it on account that he did his best to be a faithful husband. In a way, concluding their business here would make that a bit easier. C'est la vie.
The Templars
The Templars
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Droolingfanfemme Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:36 am

Frieda clutched the binders to her chest, her minding racing a mile a minute. Pierre's man Favreaux tried to rip them out of her grasp, but she held on. She shot a look at Pierre.

"Perhaps you should ask your man to be a bit more careful while handling these? If you want them in one piece?"

She looked over to the Assassin. He was Rochard? She had heard of him, in whispers throughout the area. A chill ran through her.

Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:59 am

Justinien jumped Pierre, whipping him to his front to hold as a human shield, "Perhaps you should let the girl and her briefcase go, or your leader dies."
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Templars Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:44 am

Favreaux, without missing a beat, threw his free arm around Frieda and put his pistol to her throat. "With her dead, we can still crack her code. It may takes us a little longer, but it can be done. I guarantee you, Monsieur Rochard, that her death will just be another one to your illustrious record. And perhaps his. Up to you, of course."

He looked over to Pierre. Completely stonefaced.
The Templars
The Templars
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:32 am

"It has been an honor," Justinien whispered to Pierre Lacroix before shoving him into Frieda and Favreaux.

Without hesitation, he pierced Favreaux's neck with his blade. Five Templar guns pointed at him. Five shots he fired. Thank God Pierre had the sense to have a fully loaded gun. Justinien fired one last shot into the back of his technical ally's head.

"Not my proudest moment, Madame Geiger. The bridge should not be much further. So lead the way."
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Droolingfanfemme Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:52 am

Frieda's ears were ringing, again. Six Templar agents dead around her. Her instincts wanted her to recoil in horror and run the other way, but she knew better.

"Give me just a moment. Please." She asked Rochard. She went to each corpse and removed the signet ring marking them as Templar. She felt like a ghoul, grave robbing, but this is what she was trained to do. Pierre's was difficult, as his was worn behind his wedding band. Closer to the cause than to his wife? Cruel. The ones in her apartments she had missed, but Pierre's men had probably done the job for her. She slipped the rings into her pocket.

Frieda was about to climb to her feet when she remembered she was unarmed. She snatched up one of the men's pistols. "Let us be on our way."

"You could've shot me, you know. Or let them have the research."
Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:52 am

"I know, but I'm not a Templar. I figure that if your allies want you dead, then your enemies can only hope to keep you alive. I can only wonder why you would stay so devoted to them despite that," Justinien sighed, "I didn't want to kill Pierre Lecroix. He was a decent enough man and fought bravely for La Resistance."

He knelt over the body of Pierre and closed his eyes, "Votre nom ne sera pas oubliƩ. Reposez en paix."
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Droolingfanfemme Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:53 am

"I now owe you my life twice," Frieda sighed. "I hope it doesn't come to three. I'd need two lifetimes to pay you back. Of course, with the way tonight is going..."

She slowly opened the door to the street. The night was still, the din of the explosion far way or ending, she couldn't decide. The cool air prickled on her face, sending a chill through her. Frieda motioned for Rochard to follow.

"And to answer your question, Monsieur, it's not about staying devoted to the people, but to the cause. Humanity falters. Truth does not. Despite what you believe, not everything is a lie." She held the files closer to her.
Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:48 am

"That's not what we believe at all. However, we can't be much further from our destination," Justinien motioned for her to lead the way.
It's been a hell of a night. Not only had he saved a Templar, but he allowed her to arm herself and lead his direction. The common sense part of his brain was fighting with the strategist part. Could she be trusted with the Templar Order hunting her down over bad paperwork? Yes, he'd saved her life, but that hasn't always meant a lot in this shadow war.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Droolingfanfemme Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:25 am

Frieda collected herself and started into the street. The pistol was cocked and ready, but remained in her pocket, her files the priority. The bridge was in sight. She couldn't wait to find Molyneux. He could get the three out of here. But would Rochard want to leave? Would he let her? She didn't want to think about it, but here she was.

A figure caught her attention, waving in their direction. The opposite end of the bridge. Molyneux?
Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  The Templars Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:02 pm

A distress beacon had gone off a few minutes ago. It had the signature of Pierre Lacroix. We received it first, and were on our way to act as reinforcements. We didn't waste time, since Pierre was never one to keep a full squad on him. Nor did he ever want his reinforcements less capable than his vanguard. He trained us personally, so we all knew the stubborn goat well. He would only send out a distress beacon if he were bleeding on the floor. By the time we'd get there, he'd be dead. What we really needed was to keep our eyes open for the German or Assassin who'd killed him.considering the fact that he had been tracking Rochard, it wasn't hard to guess.
The Templars
The Templars
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Droolingfanfemme Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:50 pm

"There." Frieda pointed across the bridge. "I think that's him. Hurry! Soon we'll be out of this mess and you can go back to...whatever it is you do." She ran lightly on her toes, trying not to attract to much attention, hoping Rochard would keep up. She was almost home free.
Droolingfanfemme
Droolingfanfemme
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:48 am

"Excellent. I cannot wait for this night to be over," Justinien scratched his head. This had been a very odd night, but he worried more about retaliation from the Resistance for killing Pierre than from the Assassins for helping a Templar do. . . something.
Evilgoodguy
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum