Assassin's Creed: Role Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London's Best Coffee Shop

3 posters

Go down

London's Best Coffee Shop Empty London's Best Coffee Shop

Post  Turtle-Feathers Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:48 pm

The coffee shop was somewhat out of the way, but Stien knew the smell of good coffee where ever it may be, even before he entered the buildings itself. It did have one draw back. "Why does good coffee have to be so expensive?" he lamented aloud, eyes glued on the price. After a moment, he sighed, acknowledging the situation philosophically. "I guess good coffee is an investment after all."

Of course, the veteran amongst Assassins wasn't just here for coffee. It was nearly five in the evening, and he expecting to rendezvous with Colonel Henry Priest before too long.
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

London's Best Coffee Shop Empty Re: London's Best Coffee Shop

Post  Kasai Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Chris kicked open the door to the coffee shop, banging it against the wall and startling the occupants. He knew what they were thinking. He had seen his reflection early that day. His clothes and face were filthy, his eyes were bloodshot, and he still had some blood on him from the other night. "What the fuck are you looking at?" he said to someone on his left, making a face akin to a rabid dog. He didn't wait for them to answer. Stien was the one he was looking for. Slamming his 1911 on the table that the other assassin was sitting, Chris glared deep into the man's eyes. "What are you doing in London, where are your brothers, and where the fuck is my girlfriend?!"
Kasai
Kasai
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:09 am

Kasai wrote:Slamming his 1911 on the table that the other assassin was sitting, Chris glared deep into the man's eyes. "What are you doing in London, where are your brothers, and where the fuck is my girlfriend?!"

"I haven't even had a chance to place my order," Stien quietly complained, taking stock of the situation, before his own faded eyes unwaveringly met Chris's, answering bluntly, "I came to London in an effort to find more lively cohorts, seeing as how the last person I answered to is now dead."

He didn't have to turn his head to feel the stares boring into their backs. He didn't need to grasp all the content of the hushed voices of fellow patrons to know what their topic of conversation was. Leaning to Chris's ear, he harshly whispered, "I'd be happy to share to share my whole story with you, and all of London for that matter, seeing as how you picked such a fine way to waltz in here and announce yourself." Perhaps it was unnecessary, but Stien was starting to feel he was dealing with a pup of an Assassin, and announcing to the world your presence when you were seeking a private conversation was not good tactics.

Then again, Stien himself was not immune to the pain of loss, and finally relented, "Look, I'll share with you everything and my grandmother's maiden name, but not here, not now. As for your girl, I have no idea where she is, but I may have a few ideas of where we can look."
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Chris dropped into the seat across from Stien and put his gun back in its holster. "This place will do," he said, turning to the owner of the shop. "Eagles need their peace, Arthur." The owner nodded and started ushering people out of the shop. "We'll start with your name and where you came from."
Kasai
Kasai
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Kasai wrote:Chris dropped into the seat across from Stien and put his gun back in its holster. "This place will do," he said, turning to the owner of the shop. "Eagles need their peace, Arthur." The owner nodded and started ushering people out of the shop. "We'll start with your name and where you came from."

"Well this is rather convenient," the Dane observed as he watched the owner systematically clear his shop.

Once the shop was mostly empty, Stien began, "My name is Stien Hansen. As from where I'm from, that's a little harder to answer. My main contribution to the order was smuggling. One week I'd find myself in Germany, the next France. Sometimes you'd find me in Italy, Spain, Poland, England of course, I've been to the Americas on a couple of occassions, though that tended to be the specialty of other smugglers. Then again, Charles won't be making any trips to the western hemisphere anytime soon... The furthest south in this hemisphere I've ever been is Saudi Arabia. Have you ever had a chance to try arabica coffee? The flavor is better but doesn't have as good of body..." Stien went into a tangent for a moment, before shaking it off and refocusing, "Anyhow, because of the nature of my work, I didn't have a squad, per se, or a consistent commander. The last person I answered to was Colonel Pierre-Georges Fabien, but now he's gone. A lot of them are."

Stien's hand disappeared into the folds of his coats, retrieving a rather battered looking notebook. He open it up, revealing a chaotic page with indiscernible notation.

عنأعلىمنمعكرونة все покрытый с kaas ik vERloor mijn huono liha الكرة الأرضيةقذف عاليا quIero s0pa de...

"These people are the ones I confirmed dead," he said, indicating one mass of his scribbled code, "These people are in hiding, the rest," instead of articulating his answer, the veteran smuggler simply gave a tired shrug of his shoulders.
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:58 am

Chris gave the notebook a fleeting glance. "My name is Chris Phoenix. I was drafted into the military a few months ago. The assassins decided to use me as an eye into the military's plans so that they could use it to their advantage. So far, I'm just spinning my wheels and wasting time."

A cup of coffee was placed in front of him with a shot of whiskey which he poured into the coffee. "My girlfriend, Rebecca, appeared last night out of thin air. I don't know why she was there, but I do know that she had a letter with the Assassin's sigil on it. I would have been told if she were an assassin, but she looked incredibly confused so I don't think she knows anything about it."

He took a long drink from his coffee before continuing. "My contact with the Assassins told me to stay with my unit, and I know my officers would agree. But I never wanted any of this. I answered to no one as an assassin. I took the training and used it for my own personal gain. I didn't want to go to war, and I didn't want to work behind the curtains as an assassin. All I wanted was to spend as much time with my girlfriend. Now, my only skill is climbing shit and blowing the fuck out of everything else. I can't track to save my life. I need help, Stien Hansen. I'm probably going to find more assassins along the way. If you help me, I will gladly help you find some more brothers. Right now, you're the only person I can consider a friend."
Kasai
Kasai
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Kasai wrote:Chris gave the notebook a fleeting glance. "My name is Chris Phoenix. I was drafted into the military a few months ago. The assassins decided to use me as an eye into the military's plans so that they could use it to their advantage. So far, I'm just spinning my wheels and wasting time."

A cup of coffee was placed in front of him with a shot of whiskey which he poured into the coffee. "My girlfriend, Rebecca, appeared last night out of thin air. I don't know why she was there, but I do know that she had a letter with the Assassin's sigil on it. I would have been told if she were an assassin, but she looked incredibly confused so I don't think she knows anything about it."

He took a long drink from his coffee before continuing. "My contact with the Assassins told me to stay with my unit, and I know my officers would agree. But I never wanted any of this. I answered to no one as an assassin. I took the training and used it for my own personal gain. I didn't want to go to war, and I didn't want to work behind the curtains as an assassin. All I wanted was to spend as much time with my girlfriend. Now, my only skill is climbing shit and blowing the fuck out of everything else. I can't track to save my life. I need help, Stien Hansen. I'm probably going to find more assassins along the way. If you help me, I will gladly help you find some more brothers. Right now, you're the only person I can consider a friend."

A letter with their sign? Depending on what it was, if it fell in to the wrong hands... With those news, finding Rebecca became more than a personal favor for a brother.

"A lot of my informants are dead, in hiding, or otherwise refuse to participate in dealings with me. But we may be able to find your... Rebecca? the old fashion way. I have never mentored anyone, but I can see what I can do to help you expand your skill set- starting now."

Abruptly Stien stood up, gesturing for Chris to follow. "I originally entered this shop with the intention of rendezvousing with Colonel Priest, a potential ally. He was supposed to be here, oh I'd say about... 15 minutes ago. Depending on his mode of transport, that isn't much time to get too far, and we may still be able to catch him, if we're quick enough and- more importantly- if we're lucky enough. Ready for lesson 1?"
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Chris bit back a retort. He didn't want to be trained, but....if it meant getting Rebecca back...

"Priest should be near the barracks."
Kasai
Kasai
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:09 pm

Kasai wrote:Chris bit back a retort. He didn't want to be trained, but....if it meant getting Rebecca back...

"Priest should be near the barracks."

"Most likely," Stien agreed. After all, the Barracks weren't far, and the Colonel could have easily have simply headed back that way, "But we don't know that for sure. Besides, why waste the opportunity?"

Stien exited the coffee shop, swearing to himself to return. On the streets of London, he began, "There are several ways to track people. Often times I use a paperwork trail, or if I'm lucky enough, informants. For something short term like this, however, your best bet would be to use the people around you."

The air was rather brisk, resulting in most Londoners huddling, more or less keeping to themselves. "Sometimes you can eavesdrop, depending on you location and timing. I don't think this is viable in this situation, so your best bet is the straight forward approach- asking."

Pulling out his own wallet, the Dane rushed over to one of the civilians, "Pardon me, ma'am, but have you seen a Yankee Officer? He'd be about 10 centimeters taller than me. He dropped his wallet." The first person he approached did not know anything, so Stein kept going, asking a handful of others before he go his first lead, but he kept going.

"Asking someone on the street isn't all that reliable," Stien explained, "It's best if you can cross reference by asking more than one person, see if they agree with each other. If no one has seen him, spread out, gradually increasing the radius of your search.

Another person confirmed the direction the first had claimed. Seemingly satisfied with the information, the Dane replaced his wallet back into the depth of his coat, and proceeded in the direction indicated, not surprisingly towards the barracks. If Stien were to be honest, even he would admit the exercise was fairly pointless, or at least he was 99% sure the end result would be. But he wanted Chris to get some experience. With the deaths of so many of this comrades, the Dane was painfully aware of his own mortality. The last thing he wanted to happen was to end up killed or otherwise decommissioned without leaving Chris at least the most basic skills to continue the search for Rebecca. For that matter, it could easily wind up the other way. Perhaps he could ask Chris help with demolitions?

At the next major intersection, Stien instructed, "Alright, there are several directions the Colonel could have plausibly gone from here. Why don't you give it a go?"
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:47 pm

He's kidding, right? This was Assassins 101. Whatever, if it would amuse the ass, he would do it. Walking up to one of his military comrades, Chris said, "Hey, Baker. You seen Priest lately?"

The other soldier scratched his stubble covered chin. "I think I saw him a couple minutes ago walking towards the vehicle depot. If you need him, I'd run quick."

"Thanks, man." Motioning for Stien to follow, Chris led the way.
Kasai
Kasai
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:12 am

They rushed towards the depot, but not fast enough. Priest was gone. It was a missed opportunity, as an officer's backing might have meant bypassing a lot of red tape.

Still, they would manage.

"We'll have to try getting in touch with him later," Hansen sighed, trying to figure out what to do next.

With that window of opportunity closed, Hansen decided to reign himself in long enough to start their investigation from the beginning, "So what do we know already? What is her full name, where did she live, where does she have relatives? How far were you able to tail her last night? What is her ethnicity?" The more they knew, the better chances they stood of finding her.

She was some kind of Asian American, but Stien didn't know if she her heritage was Chinese, Japanese, Korean. That knowledge would hopefully narrow down the rather hefty list of countries she could be in, including England itself. Prior to the war, and to the crackdowns, finding her would have been as simpler with a network of fellow Assassin smugglers and informers to connect to. Tracking was now uncomfortably more time consuming, especially when competing against the resources of the Templars.

"Also, how long do you think it would take for you to get ready to leave the country? The first thing we need to find is whether she's still in this country or not. If not, we'll need to be ready to follow her past the border."
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:23 am

Henry had no intention of ever meeting up with the men he had fought with in the allyway. As soon as he sent the man off, he turned around and went right back to the barracks.

He quickly finished reading the file, only to discover something much bigger than the war itself...
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasai Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:51 pm

"Rebecca Ohashi. She and I grew up together in Pennsylvania. As far as I know, she only has family in America and maybe Japan. She's Japanese-American. I couldn't follow her very far. She's faster than she looks."
Kasai
Kasai
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  chinqs Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Priest needed to tell the General. This was important news and could change the course of the war- and the world.

Henry got up out of his chair, grabbed his coat, gun and backpack then ran out of the building towards the vehicle depot. He passed Baker, a soldier he had guard the allyway if another attack were to come.

As he ran two words kept repeating themselves over and over in his head, Assassins, Templars, Assassins, Templars. His whole world was turning upside down.
chinqs
chinqs
Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Kasai wrote:"Rebecca Ohashi. She and I grew up together in Pennsylvania. As far as I know, she only has family in America and maybe Japan. She's Japanese-American. I couldn't follow her very far. She's faster than she looks."

Stien nodded, continuing his questioning, "Do you think she would have gone back home? The last I checked those with Japanese heritage were being rounded up into internment camps. Do you know by what means she used to arrive here?"

The fastest way to travel overseas would be by air. If she had indeed come in by air, finding the airport she had arrived to England from might be the key to finding out where she had flown to. Of course, she could have arrived by sea, or left the country by a different means than she had come in, or still be in the country. So many possibilities, choosing what to investigate first was a calculated risk.
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Hadn't always realized traveling overseas can't all peaches and cream. Except, I just can't help but to envy you a bit, I still haven't left my country of birth, or even my county of birth. I can under stand how cross culture stuff can be troublesome. Samuel was telling me about the first time he set foot in the middle east. If you show someone the sole of your shoe there, apparently it greatly offends the populace. Nobody bothered to tell Sam that when he got rocks stuck in his shoe.

Hey, when is your company going to finally invade Berlin and end this war? You better write to me about the action, it gets so boring here.

Intet er sandt, alt er tilladt.
Turtle-Feathers
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum