Open for Business

Go down

Open for Business

Post  Turtle-Feathers on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:28 am

Among the market places in Rome, merchants bellowed their wares, trying to capture the attention of their customers and secure their lively hoods.

On such merchant, located in an out of the way and rather inaccessible place, boasted his wares of exotic jewelry, fabrics and pottery. However, when the right people said the right things, a whole new selection was pulled out from hiding.

This was a part of the black market, and Meris was open for business.
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Open for Business

Post  Evilgoodguy on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Eudokia knew of a contact, one Meris Dives, who had made his fortune trading secrets and broken laws. She had only met him twice before, both times when she had supported the Assassins with all of her heart. Now things were different and she could no longer bear the thought of them. Exterminating them n secret was challenge enough, but this man was a loose thread. He knew of the Assassins and the Templars well. She whispered from behind and into his ear, "Meris, good to see you again."
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Evilgoodguy wrote:She whispered from behind and into his ear, "Meris, good to see you again."

Meris flinched, roaring, "Valene, how many times have I told you..." he froze mid sentence when he spun enough to find not his troublesome wife, but a familiar face none the less.

Twitching for a minute, his eyes at long last lit up in recognition. "The honorable Eudokia! A pleasure to finally see you again. Please forgive my initial rudeness, I did not recognize you at first."

Eudokia, a person whom Meris initially thought to be an Assassin. Rumors have recently been whispered amongst his sources that there had been a change in her loyalty. Rumors only, as of now, nothing nearly tangible enough for any kind of confirmation, let alone anything worth selling. Of course, Meris had long since learn to hold his tongue when it came to the matters of his customers if he was going to keep his life and business in tact.

Straightening, the merchant offered, "How may I be of service to you?"
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:29 am

"Lucanus asked me to pick up a letter for him."
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:24 pm

"Lucanus? I've not seen him in ages. How does he fare these days?"

He began rummaging around the stall, trying to find the letter. Instead of the carefully sealed paper he had stored earlier, he found a note with his wife's sprawling handwriting.

"What, why...?" his face reddened as he reluctantly showed Eudokia the evidence of his wife's prank.

I placed your letters where they wouldn't be lost.

"It seems my disobedient wife has hid my letters again," he sighed, "You'll have to wait until tomorrow after I can get them back, unless you are inclined to scour the city for them yourself, which I wouldn't recommend. She's managed to hide my favorite sandals on top of a temple once."
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:23 am

"Is something wrong, Meris?" Eudokia pouted her eyes and shifted her shoulders to make her breasts more pronounced, "I know Valene would never do something that extreme, especially to something so important," she ran her fingertips down his arm, "I just want to know what my orders are."
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Evilgoodguy wrote:"Is something wrong, Meris?" Eudokia pouted her eyes and shifted her shoulders to make her breasts more pronounced, "I know Valene would never do something that extreme, especially to something so important," she ran her fingertips down his arm, "I just want to know what my orders are."

Meris's face remained red, and it was no longer because of exacerbation. Even in his business, which was the animated definition of beyond the norm, it was atypical for him to work with women. Women worked in homes, as midwives, or amongst some cults even as priestesses, that sort of thing, not in business.

Unconsciously taking a step back, he explained, "I won't even ask when you met my wife. She was free spirited before marriage, but since our wedding she has become even more intolerable. I left the letters in a fairly inconspicuous container, so my guess is Valene didn't even realize yours was among them, let alone how important it might be."

Thoroughly unnerved, Meris felt more threatened by the woman before him than any guard or cut throat he'd encountered, not that he would ever admit to it. He tried switching tactics, "If the letter is that important, I can find someone else to watch my stall and have your message to you before sun down. Where do you want me to find you?"
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilgoodguy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:56 pm

She pressed her body into him and whispered, "Meet me under the Claudian Aqueduct* tomorow at sunset."
With that, she left, knowing that she would have it by then.

*In ancient Rome, arches and aqueducts were notorious places for picking up prostitutes.
Evilgoodguy
Master Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Turtle-Feathers on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:54 am

Still open for further business.
Turtle-Feathers
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down